Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN
Darling Downs and West Moreton PHNDiamond
Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN is one of 31 Primary Health Networks across Australia funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health to improve primary health care (health care delivered outside of a hospital setting).
Our key objectives are to:
- increase the efficiency and effectiveness of medical services for patients—particularly those at risk of poor health outcomes, and
- improve coordination of care to ensure patients receive the right care, in the right place, at the right time.
Our PHN achieves this by working with local health care stakeholders and community to:
- fund programs and services based on local health needs
- support primary health care professionals, like GPs, general practice staff and allied health professionals, to improve the care they provide to their patients, and
- support the development of a local sustainable health care workforce.