Emerging Exporters Program
With growing demand for trusted, clean and green food in Asia, and significant investment in infrastructure right on our doorstep, the opportunity now exists for Western Downs and Surat Basin producers and processors to grow into export markets.
This program, delivered by TSBE’s FLA, is an initiative of Shell’s QGC business and is a three-year program to see a cohort of exporters make inroads into new markets.
Emerging Exporters is a part of Shell’s QGC business’ commitment to regional economic development and working with the community to diversify local economies.
The aim of this program is to develop companies for export or put them on the export journey – which sometimes means building local markets to get them ready for export in the future. They have a product that they are wanting to take beyond the farm gate, and they are interested in knowing how to go about this, and that’s what this program will do.Participants are connected with service and industry providers who work directly with them to develop and deliver training and networking opportunities. These experts help producers plan and complete a targeted value chain and international marketing strategy. The program enables local products and processors to go to new markets, whether that be Asia or beyond.
The ten local businesses were announced as the next successful line-up to be taking part in the program for 2019. These include:
- Chinchira Super Reds - 100% full blood red Wagyu and embryo production
- Hoofprints of Change - Equine Assisted Learning Enterprise
- Four Daughters Premium Black Angus - Black Angus grain fed, feedlot production
- Busy Beef Pty Ltd - Value added, ready to serve beef meals
- Riverbend Marketing Pty Ltd - Pork meat products which are premium products supplied by a cooperative of pork producers working with the same genetics and nutritional program delivering a quality product
- Aussie Pork Suppliers - Pork Jerky, Pork Floss and shredded pork that are value-added, prepacked
- Aussie Land & Livestock – independent livestock & real estate agents in the South Burnett
- Haven Farming - Grass-fed, premium Angus & Angus/Wagyu X production
- DOM Distribution - Agricultural machinery and consumables distribution business which is developing a wholesale food distribution arm
- Carpendale Commodities - Grain commodities: Sorghum, wheat (speciality), barley, chickpeas, corn, almond hulls
To find out more about the program please contact Geraldine Doumany on 07 4639 4600 or email [email protected]
Please see the media release on the 2019 cohort of Emerging Exporters here.